The more important a call or action is to our growth, the more resistance we will feel toward pursuing it.
In my book, that’s a damn good thing.
Because what stands in the way…becomes the way.
Resistance is a psychological choke hold, toxic mental waste that’s harder to kick than a heroin habit.
Resistance prevents writers from writing…painters from painting…actors from acting…salespeople from selling…and leaders from leading.
Resistance is the culprit behind every unhappy marriage, every hidden vice, every unmet goal and every unfulfilled life.
Behind resistance is pain avoidance, and dealing with pain demands strength we may not think we have.
I’m big on the idea of confronting and overcoming resistance…of quitting cold turkey, of quitting anything that has a pull over us…of anything that undermines our growth, sabotages our self-esteem or prevents us from achieving our goals.
“No man is free who is not master of himself,” Epictetus tells us.
We must focus on the non-negotiables…we must focus on the people, places and things that are no longer permitted in our lives, the things we are hooked on or addicted to…or removing anything that has control over us and the life we were destined to live.
Use the following as your guide to creating goals and any change initiatives as well as the gateway to a bigger, bolder and far more beautiful life.
• What eating, drinking or physical habits do you need to quit cold turkey?
• What addictions, or compulsions need to be eliminated with immediate effect?
• What spending habits need to be brought to an abrupt halt?
• What hang-ups or insecurities need to move from a liability to a strength?
• What beliefs and self-talk need an unceremonious end?
• What attitudes need to be adjusted?
• What bad behaviors or excuses need to be aggressively purged from your life?
• What emotional baggage needs to be dealt with and put to rest?
• What high-maintenance or unhealthy people and relationships do you need to say goodbye to?
• What grudges or hang ups do you need to address to enjoy greater peace of mind?
• What sins or guilt need to be eradicated for you to live a cleaner, healthier life?
• What fears need to be slayed?
• What physical or psychological environments do you need to extract yourself from?
Allow me to bottom line this for you…
The only way to stop is to stop.
I want you to stop and reject anything that has stopped and rejected you from living a big, bold, beautiful life.
To fast track your goals, to live and operate freely, and most important, to live the best life possible …you must quit cold turkey and purge anything that pollutes and contaminates your mind, body or soul.
At the core of self-mastery is a powerful, instinctive reaction against anything that masters or which has control over us.
We must be the boss. We must be able to quit — cold turkey.
The 100 Day Challenge is a rapid execution system used by more than 675,000 high-achievers to achieve life-changing results in 100 days. Don’t do it unless you want spectacular results.
The strategies you’ll learn in the 100 Day Challenge have elected a president, grown non-profit causes, won gold medals and fueled movements. Now it’s your turn to win bigger faster!